<

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Good Shepherd Sunday

Is there anyone else besides me who finds it difficult to preach on this Sunday? Not because I don't love the imagery, and it usually is a Good Hymn Sunday, but I just often find it difficult to find some new "way in" to open up the lectionary to me.

I'm currently mulling the background of violence in the story--the story immediately preceding it is about the blind man who is healed by Jesus, and who is put out of the synagogue, and the story of Stephen being martyred. The Good Shepherd isn't a nice fairy tale, it was God's grace, love and guidance being experienced under very difficult circumstances.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger genebko said...

Emily, to ask about preaching on a topic you ought to tell people what the topic is. The Good Shepard is a concept. What's the Biblical verse to go with it? I think that the sermon we have for tomorrow does not follow the "church calendar" so it may be different.

Anyway, HI! It's that pesky Lutheran from the School for Congregational Development. Here’s my link.

I like the hazelnut reflections. I first went to another site (with a similar name) and thought that you changed your name!

Have a great summer and I’ll see you in the Fall (if not sooner).

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger genebko said...

So, how did it go? Roy spent his sermon analogizing the "door/gate." It was interesting addressing the historical and contemporary analogies.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Emily said...

It went very well. I'm hoping to post it this weekend--a little late, but we went out of town for a few days and I just got back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home