<

Monday, May 09, 2005

whew!

We called the movers Sunday night and asked for help. . .we're just not as young as we used to be and can't pull those packing all-nighters anymore. I realized halfway through last week why this was taking so long--marriage means more stuff! I had outgrown the "everything fits in my car syndrome" a while back, but I couldn't figure out why we couldn't get our act together. . .we moved in to our apartment separately, plus wedding presents arrived as well.

Those of you who know us know that sometimes our dear cats think "outside the box" as it were, so we had some little extra cleaning projects to do as well. They are safely tucked away at a local boarding location, although I'm sure their little kitty noses are completely out of joint.

The fun part will be the traveling with the cats, of course. One is a howler and the other is a pooper (when he gets stressed). A guy at Petsmart recommended puppy training pads for the carriers--they are duly lined (kind of like a big diaper).

I feel a little silly blogging about this everyday stuff--we actually had some cool adventures on our vacation--we spent a few days at a Trappist monastery in south central MO, and drove up the river road to Nauvoo (I know, I know--it's such a religiously oriented vacation! Maybe next year in Cancun. . .)

I've been so warmly welcomed by the Oklahoma Knitters yahoo group! Thanks!

I'll have to update my weather pixie and all that, but that will have to wait. . .

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Don said...

From somebody who has moved cats in the car a couple of time over long distances....

Put a catnip rolled in one of your socks in their crate. Talk with your vet about getting cat tranquilizers to calm them a little.

Hope and pray that all of this is a distraction that will last the entire trip. When we moved from Texas to DC sometime ago, our old cat (she wasn't so old then) decided on the second day that she was tired of being in the car and started a piercing whine per every twenty seconds that had the effect of one wishing for a torturer to quit drilling a hole in one's head. All best.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Monk-in-Training said...

I am glad you are in Oklahoma now, we so desperately need Priests! :)

I am sorry your kitties are upset, I know the Queen of my litter box would not be amused!

Could you let me know about the Trappist Monastery in Missouri?

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I recommend to all my friends who move that they pay a PRO to do the packing -- it seems truly endless, sigh. Most recently we moved across town, and the packing/moving/packing/moving was ad nauseum. Good decision!

My Daughters of the King chapter included you in our prayers today when we named all of the women priests in our diocese.

May your move be as uneventful and easy as possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home