<

Thursday, December 01, 2005

We interrupt these meditations

to raise an important issue (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

My husband was reading my blog the other day and discovered

we spell Houdini the cat's nickname differently.

I've always spelled it Hootie, and apparently husband was thinking Houdie.

Of course, it's not like there's a birth certificate that one has to keep straight.

Somehow, I think we can let this one go unresolved. As long as we use his full name when we go to the vet.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I have a vague recollection from T.S. Elliot's cat writings (Jellicle Cat, etc.?) that the cat's TRUE name is unknown to all but the cat anyway. Not that that's relevant or anything...

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Emily! Hey, can you give me a call at the shop? Thanks! - Margaret

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger geebrooke said...

Privately, I always speculated that my cat, Milkdud, would have preferred the spelling, "Milque-'Dudde."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home