<

Friday, February 03, 2006

assorted knitting content


Yes, I do knit. See? I even finished a scarf.

Data: Trendsetter Dune, gold, 1 skein. Size 15 Brittany needles. Triangle Scarf from Scarves 1,2,3. It gives you a nice elongated triangle with tails you can tie and not too much bulk.

The first OKC Knitting Guild newsletter is out at the Guild blog with fun articles about yarn, books (by Margaret of Gourmet Yarn), an upcoming schedule, and a bit from yours truly.

In a burst of idiocy enthusiasm I signed up for the Harlot's Knitting Olympics. There are so many people signed up it apparently made NPR's "The World." I'm going to make the Turtleneck Shrug out of Scarf Style. The personal best bit will be that I'm working on a deadline, and that gauge will be crucial. And I want it to fit. I'm looking forward to playing with the Kid Classic.

I had signed up for the FLAK knitalong, but I think, after swatching a few times, it's just a pattern that doesn't fit my hands. There's nothing wrong with the pattern, it's just not feeling right to me. So I'll take myself out of the ring. No worries.

Knit on!

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I miss you! I saw your photograph and just felt an overwhelming sense of having missed you. Isn't that strange? As though I don't come to visit your blog every day.

The knitalong looks interesting. I signed up, but am still working on the children's sweater. On the other hand, some of the posts in the group seem to be very informative. I read them with the thought that I can learn from these people even if I don't ever do the sweater.

Since I really am knitting regularly, I ought to sign up on that knitting ring now. *lol*

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm on too many knitting lists, myself.

Let's definitely plan a live and in person interaction one of these days!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You'll have to come up with an excursion of some sort. A retreat or something. I leave that up to you, 'cause you're in the know about these things.

I don't see how y'all manage to knit so much!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Dawgdays said...

So, is that your yarn stash behind you?

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Lydia Agnew Speller said...

So impressed about the knitting Olympics. Do you have to go to Canada to do it? Just spent part of today planning my knitting for week at Camp Allen reading GOEs

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Emily,
You look beautiful with that scarf! Thanks for sharing the picture. After going to diocesan convention - I went to a yarn shop in Savannah and bought more yarn than I should have, but these are my souveneirs and will be gifties. (Your background picture reminded me I went to a REAL yarn shop).

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Welcome to the team! And I love your choice of project; I can't wait to see it when it's done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home