<

Sunday, January 29, 2006

it's all the cat's fault

Or, why I had no knitting in Berkeley. . .

I flew back from STL Saturday night, in various atages of collapse. Sunday I finished the mindless knitting project I had OTN, but was busy with getting ready to go to CA so I thought, I'll spend some time Monday in the a.m. organizing a project to take (any self-respecting knitter knows that means at least two things) because I'm getting so nice and organized on Sunday.

Monday arrived and I started the final packing touches. Houdini, as you may remember, had that cold back around Christmas, and has had weepy eyes ever since. It was slowly clearing up, but on Monday I realized that his eyes were swollen and red, one in particular, looking infected.

Our plane left at 9:30 a.m. Our vet opened around 8ish.

So instead of the nice relaxing morning I had planned (ha!)we spent the morning calling the vet, trying to figure out what our options were if we missed the plane, throwing things into suitcases, sneaking up on an unsuspecting cat and getting him in his carrier, taking everything in the car to the vet, hoping to make the plane, dropping the cat off at the vet and finally, getting out to the airport and making it on time. Ergo, no knitting. (And somehow I spent all that time in the Bay Area without getting over to a yarn shop. I'm going to have to turn in my Yarnaholic card. . .)

I'm hoping to pick him up today but I have to say that Wilbur doesn't seem to mind terribly much being king of the roost for a little while.

7 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Annie said...

You must have been in withdrawal.

Glad to have you back!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No yarn shops?!? I'm shocked!
I even managed to go yarn-shopping in a hurricane disaster area. St. Casserole told me to think of it as supporting a depressed economy!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Glad you are back, but man I'm not sure I'd have your strength. I would have been looking for LYS's as soon as I got off of that plane!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

It's not for lack of LYS in Berkeley. There's some yummy yarn downtown, I don't know where you were staying.

(Sounds like a whirlwind visit - next time hope it's not so much, so we could meet. Sorry about Hootie!)

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I certainly knew there were LYSs (sp?) in lovely Berkeley, but the time was pretty jampacked. Well, there was time for all that eating with colleagues and stuff. . .

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

The chow here is very, very good. I am sorry that you were here on one of the crappiest days of the year, weatherwise but hope that the food and company partly made up for it.

(Isn't schmoozing most of the point of going to these conference thingies?)

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're home! We missed you at the Knitty Committee yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home