<

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

in a Holy Week kind of mood

I got nothin'.

My brain feels empty and my current mood is just kind of crabby.

I always feel that I should feel differently during Holy Week--you know, holier, somehow, and yet empty and crabby seems to have characterized more of them than I can count.

I even can think of a couple of spectacular emotional meltdowns on Good Friday (not since ordination, thankfully).

It's not that I want to be in a good mood, just something profound and deep.

Perhaps, in the week leading up to the empty tomb, being empty is just where we're supposed to be.

5 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Yeah, I'm always hoping that something will evoke profound and deep and I'm always a little bit disappointed. Even if I manage to have moving moments, the general mood is empty.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Maybe your brain does a "lull before the storm" rest thing?

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the empty tomb is a good comparison cause you'' feel so much better Easter Sunday with all the celebrations.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

It's interesting. Holy week is SO busy for most clergy /church folk. For the disciples tonight was the big thing. the passover feast. Within hours it was all shattered and on Good Friday their worst fears were realised. They weren't able to think ahead to Sunday and the Ressurection. They were shattered, broken, empty. At least we can identify with the last

thanks for your word of wisdom on Prov 31 wish I'd thought of it

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always look on Holy Week as the time of despair. Makes Easter that much more joyful. Crabby leading up to Easter works too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home