<

Friday, May 26, 2006

This I Believe

Friday Five via the RevGalBlogPals:

1) God works in mysterious ways. I believe this both theologically (God is God and we are not, therefore we cannot understand the ways in which God is at work) and through the experiences of my own life.

2. God has a sense of humor. I once prayed that I would do anything, ANYTHING God wanted me to, as long as it didn't involve entering the ordination process.

3. Growing up as a Cubs fan is good training for the Christian life. What will come first, the eschaton, or the Cubs in the World Series? (let alone WINNING the Series).

4. Our cats are alien observers from other planets, and are secretly recording their impression of our bizarre behavior. Well, when they'e not sleeping.

5. That the Good News is really, really good news. That we have a God who is willing to give God's very self to live and die among us, and to do that for the WHOLE WORLD. And that we have that real presence among us when we gather at the table for communion.

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sally said...

your cats too?

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat is a little ticked that you let the word out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home