<

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

nice things in the mail

I got a nice envelope in the mail yesterday--registration information for the Royal School of Church Music Course in Tulsa in July. I have the privilege of being the chaplain for this course. I had so much fun last year observing the music director, meeting the staff, getting to know the kids, and walking around TU in the heat and humidity.

If you are nearby an RSCM course, I highly encourage going to hear the nightly evensongs, or the final Eucharist and Evensong. You will be amazed at what one week of serious rehearsing and fun can bring out of a choir.

The summer courses are listed at the main site for RSCM in America--which you can find here.

The Tulsa course is July 10-16. Nightly evensongs are held at University Methodist Church, and the Sunday Eucharist and Evensong is hosted at Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Tulsa.

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

My own darling LoudBoy does the RSCM course that happens twice a year here, and always loves it. If his hopelessly chaotic mother could get her act together he would also do the Cathedral Singers,which is another RSCM affiliate group which meets once a month in assorted cathedrals in the region...I have this terrible feelign that I'll finally get sorted just as his voice breaks. Thanks for the nudge...I think!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome! This sounds so cool.

Have a great time. The kids will hae a great time with you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home