<

Friday, June 09, 2006

RevGal Friday Five

Songbird, what is this rain of which you speak?

It's bone-dry and hot here. (How hot is it?) It's so hot, I stopped at Large Chain Clothing Store yesterday before meeting Kay for dinner and knitting to get a lighter colored outfit--too hot for black!)


1. Favorite way to spend a rainy day

Curled up with books, knitting and cats, or walking outside, splashing in puddles. Or getting thorougly soaked, coming back in, putting on clothes warm from dryer.

2. Favorite song about rain

How about the Eurhythmics "Here Comes the Rain Again."


3. Favorite movie featuring rain

"Singing in the Rain," of course. Gene Kelly dancing, what more could one ask for?

4. Favorite piece of raingear, past or present
Not an umbrella, I always lose them or they get turned outside out by strong wind.
I once had once of those cute patterned raincoats, white, with the preppy pattern inside. It was really, really cute. Really. Didn't breathe at all, but it was really cute.

5. Favorite word for rain -- "Pluie," French (is that spelling right?)

6 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oui.
(Or something close to it...)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

I like Gene Kelly too!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Yup, and I think umbrella is parapluie.

Et voila :)

So nice to imagine rain when it's gonna be 100+ around here for the next week or so. If/when it rains again, I'll be standing in the shelter of our entryway filling my senses with the sight, sound, smell of rain. But not this week!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love "Singing in the Rain"! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe we'll dig it out and watch during this ultra hot weekend!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the Eurythmics!

and it was fun to see you again at norman sit and stitch!

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" B.J. Thomas good song. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is my all-time favorite song but it has nothing to do with rain...sorry, I digress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home