<

Saturday, June 03, 2006

the wisdom of Perky Fitness Chick

I haven't blogged much about this, because I didn't want to jinx my efforts and derail what I was working on, but I've been spending my mornings with a Perky Fitness Chick via the wonders of DVD. I would not have thought that I would ever have turned into a workout in front of the TV kind of person, but as Husband sagely said, "the best exercise is the one you actually do," so there it is.

As I was in the middle of various low-impact bodily contortions yesterday, using a tape I hadn't yet tried, said Perky Fitness Chick said something that really jumped out at me. She was talking about the importance of building muscle, and that muscle has an attractive shape to it, that body fat distorts our appearance.

I think she's on to something. Not that I'm ever going to be American's Next Top Model, but I thought about what it meant to be spiritually weighted down, by excess poundage in our bodies or our hearts, or, for most Americans, with all of our stuff.

If we're really made in God's image, than all that stuff we carry around with us really is a distortion of that.

(and on that note, I have a date with Perky Fitness Chick. . .)

5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Thought provoking!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm impressed with your DVD dedication. I just buy exercise DVDs. And then look at the pretty boxes.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I have several myself that are either unopened or collecting dust.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What a perfect analogy. I totally agree! : )

Shelly

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay, Erin! You go, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home