<

Friday, June 23, 2006

we all scream

Ice cream. . .the perfect way to change the topic. . .

The RevGal Friday Five

1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food? Please, why are we even asking this question? Year-round, although especially appropriate in summer.

2. Favorite flavor(s)
Flavors with chocolate and crunchy things. Cherries, strawberries, also work well. Pralines and cream, yum. There's a cappuccino chunky frozen yogurt thing at Braum's that is a current family hit

3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup?
It's all good, but for personal choices, waffle and sugar.

4. Childhood ice-cream memory
Walking a few blocks up to the local Baskin-Robbins in the summer. Oh, and the ice cream truck swinging through the park that was just next door to our apartment in Chicago. Eating Good Humor ice cream bars from the same truck while watching people on the beach.

5. Banana splits: discuss. I haven't had one in years! At this point in life, they would have to be shared. Although I have to admit that those commercials for the little junior splits at Sonic that are constantly on the air here in OKC are starting to lodge in my brain and whisper, "go to Sonic." So far, I haven't given in. . .

(Feel free to answer the above based on your favorite frozen yogurt, sorbet, lactose-free, you name it.)

6 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger reverendmother said...

Mmm, Sonic. That's worth a whole spinoff meme itself. Tator tots with a chocolate malt and you've got yourself a lunch!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm a year round person also. My favorite childhood memory of ice cream was of living in Sapulpa and our visits to Tulsa which usually ended up with a visit to Cone Corner. (this was pre-Braum's and Baskin Robbin's presence in Tulsa) For some insane reason my love of the color purple trumped my love of chocolate. I'd always get a scoop of blueberry on a sugar cone. Fastfoward to my very young adult life and the rising gas costs in the mid 70's. My girlfriend and I would WASTE the gas to drive to Tulsa from Sapulpa to get a scoop of sticky chewy chocolate on a waffle cone at Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sally said...

ah yes Sonic- I remember Sonic- no Sonic equivalent here stop teasing my taste buds...

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. well, duh! year round of course
2. I like pecan praline or the cinnamon crunch Braums sometimes has around Christmas. I like to make it and last year perfected a fresh blueberry recipe, but can't find it now!
3. sugar, waffle cone
4. Homemade ice cream--sitting on top of the freezer and freezing one's buns!!
5. I prefer the hot fudge caramel sundae, but agree the Sonic ads are lookin' good--unless I can find that blueberry recipe!!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonic commercials? Oh, please.

Now, Braum's commercials where they show the hot fudge and hot caramel pouring down onto the sundae -- those should be illegal!

Elaine
Norman, OK

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw an ice cream truck as a kid. I'm so deprived.

Here we have these Mexican guys who push little carts and sell Mexican ice creams...yum! They are more like fruit bars and my DH LOOOOOVES them. ¡Helado!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home