<

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

a blog post sighting!

So I'm alive.

And things are okay--sometimes good and great, sometimes sucky in that way that is simply part of the deal when you're working in a congregation.

Going back to Evanston suddenly seems like a long time ago but it was a very fruitful trip. Diana Butler Bass's addresses were like two more pieces of a puzzle that I'm putting together in my head of how to cope with these rapidly changing times in the church. Don't have all the answers, and still trying to figure out a way forward, but the landscape around seems to be a little more distinct and manageable. (Still scary, though, as it is for all of us in the mainline these days).

Going home forced me to put my money where my preacher's mouth is. Two big pieces of reconciliation were on the agenda--the continuing one with my family (better and better all the time, and our dinner together was the loveliest I can remember since childhood), and another piece of personal business which I won't go into here, but suffice it to say that some idiocies of young adulthood can be overcome over a good lox and bagel.

Words fail to describe the emotions of sitting in "my" favorite spot in the chapel at the seminary. Or to adequately express my thanks to one of my former professors, who let me just talk out much of the peaks and valleys (and valleys, and valleys) of the past several years.

So I'm here. And the cats are well. And we have stewardship, and adult education, and hopefully God is deeming it good.

8 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and things are good. I've missed you.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Glad to see a posting here! Wondered where you were!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's good to hear from you!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Amen, amen. And it's good to hear your voice in blogland again. Maybe I should try it, too. Heh.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

In honor of DeLurking week...
I am delurking! You are one of the very very first blogs I began to read a while back and I give thanks to God that you have such a wonderful spirit -- I love anyone who will knit in a Chasable.
Blessings on you and yours this Thanksgiving.
Theresa

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I have missed you - so much. Just knowing you were missing made me ache. Next month will be very hectic - but maybe we can still do a quick lunch.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger net said...

Love your blog - it's on my favorites list. Glad to see you back! Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Thanks, all! Still trying to figure out how to hold all the pieces together here. I miss you all, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home