<

Saturday, January 07, 2006

haircut and theology, two bits

So I went yesterday to Chain Haircut Emporium to get a quick haircut and had a new hairstylist. So after my professional vocation is revealed, the stylist starts to tell me about her issues with her church, which I never quite figured out what that was (although I did figure out she was of Baptist origin and considered herself Pentecostal.)

My favorite moment was when she told me she was thinking of staying home and essentially starting a house church. But "I know we need to be covered by a minister, we need to be accountable." She paused to snip. "I don't want to be, you know, the Church of the Flaky Biscuit."

(She got a very good tip, for being very thorough with my thick, unruly hair, and for giving me the quote of the day).

7 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Wonderful, priceless quote - made me laugh out loud!! (And bless the hairdresser for understanding the thin line between devout and deviate)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

That is one I'll never forget, the Church of the Flaky Bisquit. Hmmm I wonder if the Dough Boy would be the minister? That did make me laugh out loud also....Thank you Emily and Thanks to the new hairperson for having such a colorful vocabulary!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

church of the flaky biscuit :) ROFL

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger MicahGirl said...

I think I may have visited the Church of the Flaky Biscuit once.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger kwpershey said...

hee hee hee ha ha ha!

theology conversations in the hair chair are priceless.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Giggling, a great way to start Monday morning!

Must be related to a client of PH's (he's a pastoral counselor) who didn't much like organized churches and so started her own, the Church of Barbara...

Might be worth it to avoid Vestry meetings!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jules said...

I LOVE it. What a great laugh to start MOnday with.

Don't you love it when people feel compelled to have "The Talk"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home