<

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

last FO of 2005

I finished these during our quiet New Year's Eve celebration here at home. 


Pattern: Lopi socks at Dawn Brocco
Yarn: Reynolds Lopi, 1 and 1/4 skeins
Needles: size 6 Addis
Bonus points for stashbusting! This yarn has been in the stash since our St. Louis days.

This was my first Magic Loop project. Dawn's pattern is written for DPS, and I was having trouble making any headway on them. The bamboo and the Lopi were sticking to each other too easily. Then I went to Margaret's Magic Loop demo at the OKC Knitting Guild, came home with the Fiber Trends booklet and needles. I had to do some figuring to translate Dawn's pattern into Magic Loop--I sat there with her pattern and the worsted weight socks in the booklet to figure it out as I went. It really wasn't too hard except when it came time to rearrange the stitches for picking up the stitches for the instep.

The photo doesn't quite do the color justice--the blue has hints of green and red, and I wasn't sure what felting would do, so I wanted to knit something out of this yarn plain. They are very warm and too big for even my clogs, but they will be great around the house. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Congratulations Emily!! One for stash busting and two for completion. Nice socks.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Good for you! Stashbusting AND using the Magic Loop technique. And the socks look great!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Emily,
You have been tagged:

Rules: “The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.”

By the way, congratulations on the socks. I love wearing the ones I have knitted!!!! A great accomplishment I thought I would never complete!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home