<

Monday, January 02, 2006

too much sex

Knitters know what that means!

Stash Enhanching eXpeditions.

I thought I was going to reduce the stash. Today I merely reorganized it. There's some yarn that will be on its way to Gourmet Yarn for their charity knitting group. Which leads me to those knitting plans people have asked me about.

I've toyed with the idea of a no-yarn-buying resolution (temporary). But there were too many exceptions, like:

It would be okay to buy yarn if it meant I needed it for a project to use up old yarn.

It would be okay to buy yarn if I was making something for someone else.

It would be okay to buy yarn if I was making something for the charity auction at husband's church school in March. (I've already bought yarn, I know, but what if something else came up?)

It would be okay to buy needles and/or patterns to help use up the yarn.

And, of course, I would have to honor the order of yarn I placed at Gourmet Yarn for a large quantity of Cascade for a sweater project.

Somehow I sensed I wasn't really into the spirit of the thing.

And if I go on a yarn diet now, then what will I do during Lent? Giving up chocolate is NOT an option.

Well, today I bought no yarn. And I found a project to use up some yarn.

More seriously, I do intend to do some more cables and color projects this year. And socks. And at least one other sweater. And use up my yarns and use some of those patterns I already have.

I think I will just be smarter about my yarn buying. Natural fibers, and quantities enough for something larger than a short scarf.

And I think I will call as these "aspirations" rather than "resolutions."

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I like the way you think. I can't tell you how many times I've vowed to not buy yarn only to walk out with yarn. In fact, it would be easier to count the times I honored that vow than to count the times I broke it. Yarn, my gosh, I never dreamed I would be so addicted!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I wouldn't give up buying yarn for Lent - maybe just purchasing charity yarn and knit for charity during that time. Not buying yarn during Lent doesn't make a bit of sense to me. I would give up Lent for Lent.
I really don't like LENT.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I really like Cathy's idea of knitting for charity during Lent. I'm more of the "do something with intention" Lent observer rather than the "give something up" sort. Hmmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home