<

Sunday, January 15, 2006

it's a small church, after all

We all joke about how small the Episcopal Church is, that there's really on twenty of us and the rest is all done with mirrors, etc. etc.

I know all that and yet I'm still blown away when something happens like an incident this morning:

I was supplying at a church in the metro area that was new to me, and as I was vesting before the 8:00, the lay minister asked me if I had been in the Diocese of X? "Why, yes," I replied. "Well, do you know so and so?" "Sure, I went to seminary with her, and I miss her greatly."

"She's my daughter."

So I got to have breakfast with a seminary friend/colleague's parents, which was a trip and great fun.

(There are longer posts in the works, with photos and such, but blogging with a cold is just not very much fun at all.)

4 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Glad you were able to make it to Guild today! And really, Oklahoma is just a very large small town (yes, I mean the WHOLE state). It's one of the biggest reasons we're living here. I love how that works!

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a small world and I find that out a lot by working in the shop. So far it's been good...lol

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger fleecyknits said...

I'm an Episcopalian too - and my priest loves Julian of Norwich. She's preached on the hazelnut story several times!

Sarah from the FLAK group

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home