<

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

naptime for Wilbur

During the Houdini illness/daily vet visit drama, we had to deconstruct the upstairs loft on more than one occasion to retrieve a thoroughly fed up reluctant cat. One day he wedged himself under the futon and we had to turn it all upside down to fetch him.

We know cats don't like furniture being moved, but lo and behold, for the next few days, Wilbur claimed the futon, which had turned into a giant fabric clamshell. He likes to blend into dark surfaces.  

Of course now I've gone and moved the furniture again. The loft is becoming a more habitable place to live. The cats now think the futon is simply another cat bed that we've placed up here for them.

As long as they stay out of the yarn. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm sure you've heard that cats own your house. They just allow you to live there. You just THOUGHT that was a futon. It was a cat bed all along. lol

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Annie said...

One time I missed a vet visit because I couldn't find the cat. I had intentionally kept him in the house, but he completely vanished. Later I found out that he had been hiding up in the lining of a mattress in my son's bedroom. I think they have a sixth sense and they hear us think, "vet," and they go hide. It is best not to think in their presence before a visit to the vet.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Yay on the loft work! It can be so satisfying to make a difference in a space you use a lot (you know I know this from RECENT personal experience!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home