<

Thursday, January 12, 2006

so glad times have changed

Tonight Husband and I hosted an Epiphany clergy part for the OKC Metro region. We were expecting 50+ people--in the end I think it was closer to 40, but of course I am very, very tired, have nothing profound to say except that it was very lovely, there was brisket and chocolate cake among other goodies, and that I enjoy hanging out with my colleagues, and that I'm glad clergy spouses don't have to do this very often anymore. Because I can only channel my inner Martha only on so many occasions.

(Strangely, I did notice that, thanks to reading so much about color lately, I was quite conscious of what color flowers I wanted to complement the blue candles we were using for decorations.)

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I smiled at your inner Martha. I wished I could find mine. :-)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Susan said...

And what color of flowers did you choose?

Is that Martha of Mary and Martha or Martha of Stewart?

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Probably a little of both Marthas. . .

I wanted some flowers with some strong orange and yellow to punch up the blue in the room and I bought 3 bouquets at Buy for Less that really worked, and each of them had some little blue flowers in them, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home