<

Sunday, January 08, 2006

mood swing

I was in a bad mood this morning. I woke up late, hadn't slept well. Various critters kept me awake, and I find the sound of our current weather--high, dry winds that disturbingly rustle things on our patio--to be rather eerie, and not conducive to rest. And there were other things, too, not big ones, just the kinds of things that fall into the category of Clergy Annoyances that one must be patient with.

I had to really stay on top of things today, so after awhile I wasn't thinking about much beyond what came next. And wouldn't you know it, it was time to distribute communion, and I started going down the line of people at the altar rail, and suddenly, I could feel God breaking my heart open with love for the people at the rail, and the ones waiting to take communion, and for everything around me.

I'm grateful for that moment. And Lord, I'll try to remember it the next time I'm in one of those moods, but I probably won't, because I'm a mess like everyone else.

4 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Excellent! There must be something amiss, because I had that SAME encounter this afternoon while visiting my aunt at the nursing home. It did me wonders because I tend to get quite lost and wandering around the holiday times.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Sometimes I think there is something in the atmosphere that makes several of us wake up in bad moods. lol But it's good to read that you had a mood change and how.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I'm blaming this weather for the headaches that have ruined several days lately. I cannot believe how dry it is!

And, yes, I had a profound moment on Saturday that made me feel loved too. God knows what we need!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger LutheranChik said...

Helping commune people is, I think, my very favorite part of assisting in the worship service. And it is a God thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home