<

Saturday, July 22, 2006

better late than never

the Friday RevGalBlogPal Five:

And now the Five:1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
I remember reading over at Reverend Mommy's placethat what had been a loose circle of corresponding women clergy could form a ring, and I signed up pretty early.


2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life? I think the only one that I know is Wide-Eyed and Laughing . We knew each other before she went off to seminary.

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person. Surely this isn't an exhaustive list, and if I leave you off, it's only b/c I'm not awake yet. (Nor am I going to futz with all that HTML this morning). Reverend Mommy, Songbird, MaryBeth, Quotidian Grace, Reverend Mother, Cheesehead, Construction Time Again, Cathy Knits, St. Casserole, Pink Shoes, The Big Dunk. . .or just check out my sidebar. We Oklahoma/Texas Gals/Pals should make an effort, and soon, to find a place and time to meet.

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life? Virtual friendships and thought provoking moments with women clergy (and those in discernment processes) that helps ease the sometimes lonely nature of being clergy and of being a woman in Holy Orders.

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing. That we find ways to meet in person!

7 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love to meet you and have thought so many times...we're really too close to each other NOT to...and i look for any chance i can get to go to "the city". :)

i don't see an email address on your profile, so if you want to set something up, give me a shout!

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving all these potential real life meet ups. The anniversary set a lot into motion. I'm excited about a potential book.. oh oh oh ...

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You Texas and Oklahoma gals really ought to get together, for sure.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I would love to meet you - you are one of the first of the RGBPs I remember "meeting"!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Emily, we'd better get together by Tuesday afternoon, 'cause I still have your copy of Yarn Harlot! I'm not gonna make it to her talk, I don't think; timing is bad. Arrgh, arrgh. On the bright side, I'm knitting again! Socks, in air conditioned spaces only :)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

P.S. Thank you again for being a noticeable part of the RevGalBlogPals, and for inviting me. Thank you!!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Jonah said...

As a fellow _Ordinary Time_ author, I hope you'll include me in this meeting.

Keep me posted on the details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home