<

Monday, January 16, 2006

Here I Knit: I can do no other


with apologies to Martin Luther for the paraphrase)

Procrastiknitter of Knitting in the Heights tagged me for this photo meme--showing the world your knitting space.

The most interesting thing in the photo (don't tell Houdini) is the sofa. This little loveseat has been with me since my last year of seminary. I acquired it when the woman whose apartment I was moving into graduated. She was a lovely woman from the Diocese of Mississippi, and she told me I could have the couch, if I left a dollar in her student mailbox "because that's the way we do things in the South."My $1 sofa has lived in Evanston and Fairview Heights, IL, St. Louis and now Oklahoma City. It makes a good perch for knitters and cats.

The basket with my "at-home" knitting supplies is there, along with the usual pile of patterns for perusal.

I think I'll tag all of the Oklahoma knit bloggers (and welcome Terri to blogland--go see her beautiful photo of Italian winter on her blog) and any RevGal knitters, feel free to jump in as well!

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Annie said...

What is that on the couch--besides the cat? Is that sort of a deep brick red color. I'm not good at naming colors. But, if it photographed anywhere near true, it looks as if it the exact same color as the one I chose for my first sweater.

I can't do this meme myself unless I figure out how to download pictures from my camera phone. I don't have another camera.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Ah, that's the never-ending Noro scarf, which has in fact finally ended. I should have photos up soon!

I don't know from camera phones, but I'm sure there's a way. (Can you email the photo to yourself?)

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Annie said...

In theory I am supposed to be able to upload photos to my email addy. In truth, I haven't got a clue how to set up the process and nobody else seems to be able to help me figure it out so far.

Moral to story: When looking down at grandchildren from balcony, do not drop camera!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I confess, I am a brand new knitting addict. I really never "got" the obsession before...now my chair looks suspiciously like your couch, sub dog for cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home